This dish is easy, delicious, and healthy! If you love a good cheeseburger, you will definitely enjoy this casserole. I just love casseroles because I can easily reheat it for lunch the next day or make another meal out of it for dinner when I don’t have time to cook. This casserole was even more delicious heated up a couple of days later once all the flavors melded together. It was great served with a big side salad. I hope you enjoy this quick and satisfying meal just as much as we do!
Cheeseburger Spaghetti Squash casserole (low carb, Gluten free, Grain free)
A real comfort dish the whole family will be sure to enjoy.
- 1 pound 80/20 grass-fed beef
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 C grated cheddar cheese (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 1 tsp. tapioca flour (get it here)
- 1/2 C water
- 1 small spaghetti squash (4 C cooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown your beef and spices together in a pan. (I recommend this pan.) While the beef is browning, cook your spaghetti squash by poking several holes with a knife around the squash. Microwave the whole squash for 1 min. (this makes it easier to cut in half) Cut the squash in half length-wise. Scrape out the seeds and pulp. Place flesh side down in a dish filled with water just covering the bottom so the squash doesn’t burn. Cover with saran wrap and microwave on high for 15 min. Let the squash cool for 5 min. With a fork, scrape out the “spaghetti.”
- Next, over medium heat, add the tapioca four and water to the pan with beef mixture and stir together. Add the cheese to the pan and stir to combine until the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash to the pan and mix everything together.
- Pour into a lightly greased, small to medium baking dish, and top with additional cheese to your liking. Bake 20-25 min. or until bubbly.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings. We chose onion, tomato, and lettuce. Enjoy!