I was on Instagram the other day and saw this low carb biscuit recipe someone had posted from the website Uplateanyway.com and they looked so good! I wish I could take credit for this recipe but I can’t. This one was just too good not to share with all of you! I have tried many different low carb and grain free biscuit recipes but none of them had a true biscuit texture. I promise I will not share a recipe on my blog if it doesn’t taste as good or better than wheat versions. This version is so incredibly flaky and buttery and if you served them at a dinner party no one would know a difference. I promise!
One of my favorite things I use to eat when I ate grains was a sausage biscuit from McDonald’s. Don’t lie, you know you like them too! As you can see in the picture I have featured below, that’s exactly what I made with these biscuits and I could hardly keep from dancing around while I ate it. I’m serious! These will definitely be a go to recipe at my house! My search is now over for a good grain free biscuit. Now hurry to the store and make these for dinner!
Almond flour biscuits -from: up late anyway
1.5 C almond flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C shredded cheddar
3 Tbsp. Cold butter into cubes
1/4 C heavy cream
Makes 6 biscuits
(4 g net carbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk together dry ingredients. (Almond flour, salt, pepper, and baking powder)
3. Mash your butter into the almond flour until it’s crumbly sandy mix. (Use a pastry cutter if you have one or a rubber spatula).
4. Dig a well in the center and add the cream and egg.
5. Combine the almond flour into the wet ingredients being careful not to overwork it.
6. Fold in cheese.
7. Form dough into 4 big balls (for sandwiches, make 6 regular size for dinner biscuits) and lay on parchment paper.
8. Bake for 15 -20 min.
*SHOP ALL recommended products HERE*
*To SHOP the full AMAZON.com website click HERE*
2 thoughts on “The Best Almond flour Cheddar Biscuits”
W😍W! These look delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for posting! I had Up Late Anyway saved on my phone for this amazing recipe and then one day the website was gone! Couldn’t remember the exact ingredients, I printed this one. It’s the best tasting biscuits ever!